Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Stand Fast

So... quick update.
Mike had his interview with Evergreen Lakeville tonight and he thought that it went really well. The one thing that threw me off is that they told him that the decision won't be made for up to two weeks. I thought they were making the decision this weekend!
They have a couple more interviews and then the pastors of Lakeville need to get together and pray about everything so that they are confident in their decision. So, I understand all of this, I just didn't expect it to take so long!

The one thing that I need prayer for is my own faith and trust. I am such a planner. I have my plans and when they change and get messed up I have a hard time readjusting. It's something that I'm constantly working on, but it's hard. So finding out that our home decision, ie: where we are going to live when our lease is up at the end of the month, is on hold shakes me up a little! I trust Mike and that he will always do whatever is in his power to take care of us and provide for us. I trust the Lord to do the same - in an even bigger way. Now I just need to put that trust into my actions! There is no need to worry or be anxious - the Lord knows what He's doing - and He's telling us to stand fast: to stay where we are and not move until He tells us!

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:31-34
God knows what we need and He will take care of us. I just need to trust!

No comments: