Sunday, April 08, 2007

Liberty

Then Jesus showed up
Said "Before we go"
"I thought that we might reminisce"
"See one night in your life"
"When you turned out the light"
"You asked for and prayed for my forgiveness"

You cried wolf

The tears they soaked your fur
The blood dripped from your fangs
You said, "What have I done?"
You loved that lamb
With every sinful bone
And there you wept alone
Your heart was so contrite

You said, "Jesus, please forgive me of my crimes
Sanctify this withered heart of mine
Stay with me until my life is through
And on that day please take me home with you"
Relient K*Deathbed*Five Score and Seven Years Ago

I am that wolf, you are that wolf, and it was I that killed that precious Savior of mine. My hands are stained with His blood and yet He washes them clean continually. Though I try, each day they are stained once more and no day here will they ever be pure. But thankfully, His stay in my heart is for forevermore and I am able to start and end each day anew. My soul praises His decision for death and even more, His purpose to rise on this day some thousand years past. For in His death we we find freedom and forgiveness, but in His life after that death we find meaning and purpose. For His rising changes everything. Thank You, my Lord, my Savior, my God.

No comments: