Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Monday-Tuesday

Huh? What's that, you say?
Oh, it's a case of the Mondays on Tuesday, that's what it is! 

That's what yesterday was for me. Monday, Monday was good! Tuesday? Tuesday was like what you expect Monday to be. Crabbilicious, unproductive, tiring, irritating, you name it. 

And it wasn't even "big" things that brought it down. It was just the everyday, mundane, little things that got under my skin and made me itch. They brought with them the attitude of ungratefulness and discontent. 

My hunk started his new job yesterday (huzzah!) but starting a new job brings with it stress and anticipation and anxiousness. Not to mention, returning to single parent mothering for 8 hours of the day. ::sigh:: 
But I'm supposed to be praising God for this job aren't I? 
Ok, ok. 
I praise You Lord that he has work. 
I praise You Lord that You gave him this job.
I praise You Lord that You're choosing to refine me through these working hours and this schedule. 
Groooooooan. 

I missed my quiet time. 
Doh!
Is it no wonder I'm having a case of the Mondays? 
I have been sick for almost 2 weeks now and it seems like about every other day I wake up feeling horrid - wheezing, coughing, running nose, etc. 
Yesterday was one of those mornings. And because of that, I shut my alarm off and said, "I'm just going to sleep!" 
Plus, Cbellebaby had woken up from 1:30-2:30 and was making LOTS of noise. 

But when I miss that time in the morning - that time where the house is quiet and it's just me and Him - my whole day is off. And I missed it and my whole day was off. 

But we did blanket time and EVERYONE napped! Praise the Lord! 
I was productive, contentment was restored, and I spent some time with the Lord, just me and Him. 

What a day. Lol. I guess it's pretty typical 'round here. 

1 comment:

Emmers said...

girl, you inspire me! it can't be easy going back to taking care of four kids alone for most of the day, but you find positives in everything! go you!