I don't know if I've ever actually done one of these ... five on Friday, ten on Tuesday, etc. Once I did do "not me" Monday. So, as I was having numerous emotions this afternoon and going through all the things in my head, I thought it be good to just blog it all and get the thoughts out this way.
1. I've been fighting frustration all day today. Frustration related to my work as a photographer. I have a hard time fighting that frustration when I feel like I can't get what I see across to others. I just have to remember that while I want others to see what I see in my images, that's not always the case and art is usually subjective.
2. I have been so off my routine for the last year. Yes, the last YEAR. And it drives me insane! But I suffer from life's chaos mixed with my own laziness and therefore, have not gotten back into a solid routine.
3. I have not seen the scale move in almost 7 months. I have plateaued for a really, really, really long time and I don't know how to get out of it. At least, not right now when we can't afford the changes I want to make in our eating and I can't run to the gym whenever the heck I want to.
When you've lost over 50 pounds TWICE in your life and maintained after losing it ... it's REALLY annoyingly frustrating to not be able to lose 25 pounds. It's also deeply disheartening and discouraging.
4. Emma starts kindergarten in 7 months. Yep, 7 months. And it freaks me the heck out!
5. I am deeply thankful for God's provision and His incredible timing. Just when I was doubting how we were going to make it until Mike got his first pay-check (because there's always that weird transition time), He pulled out all the stops and rocked my socks off!
6. Wyatt has been sleeping laaaaaaate lately and I'm lovin' it! He has, in the past, been the one waking up and running around at 6:15 in the morning. Every.stinkin'.morning.
Since we moved and settled in and separated him and George, it's been 8, 8:30, 8:45, and one day 9:35!
And I mean, he's so stinkin' cute when he sleeps! :)
7. I'm really thankful for the small group we joined this year. We've gotten to know some people that we "knew" before but didn't really know. And we've met some new people too that I'm excited to, hopefully, get to know even better! We weren't in a small group at church last year and I really missed it.
8. Sometimes I cry about the babies I may not have. And that's not a "poor me" statement OR a slight against my husband! It's just this reality that will hit me at random moments that I can't really fight against. I trust God and I trust my man, so in the end, it's all good - but that doesn't always stop the tears! Lol.
9. Shutter Island is a CRAZY movie.
10. I am covered by grace and amazed by it.
I am so flawed that Jesus had to die for me, yet SO valued by God that Jesus was glad to die for me.